Pages

How to Avoid Letting Yourself Go as You Grow Older

This is an issue that’s been on my mind lately; how can you avoid letting yourself go as you grow older? 


I’m in pretty good shape – and so are a lot of my friends. Becoming out of shape has never really been a concern for me, since exercising has always been a part of my life. But then I looked around and noticed how very few people actually remain fit as they grow older. I know a lot of people who were pretty fit when they were young, and now sport an impressive beer belly– and I can’t help but wonder what went wrong. 
 
When did they decide to drop their training and go lazy? Did they lose the time to work out? Did they just stop caring? Will the same happen to me as I grow old?
This has led me to fear that I might lose my fitness as I age too, which has made me quite interested in finding the cause of this phenomenon, so I can avoid it myself.
 
Therefore, I decided to find the answer to the question “When and why do people drop their fitness as they grow older?”
 
When

Most people seem to lose their fitness around the time they finish school and start working. Their degeneration seems to start the minute they head out into the world and start living completely on their own. This leads to the obvious reasons behind it being:

The Reasons

The cause of most people losing their fitness as they age can be summarized to two reasons; poor diet and lack of training. As people start living on their own and getting a job, maintaining the well-rounded diet their bodies are used to can be tough. 

Be it because of a low budget, a lack of time or a lack of know-how, many people see a deterioration in the quality of their food habits. Some people start eating more junk food, while others eat a lot less than usual due to a lack of time. Either way, this dietary change has a severe negative effect on their fitness.

Meanwhile, the same person finds himself having less free time than ever, and simply doesn't have the time to work out anymore. (Which is why they should consider Making a Workout Part of Your Everyday Routine)

These two things combined are enough to cause a deterioration in everyone's health and fitness. However, being conscious about it can really help beat the issue, or at the very least provide an explanation of the situation.

Stay tuned for another post detailing how to avoid letting yourself go.

No comments:

Post a Comment